Monday, August 28, 2006

But the Day is Not Yet Over

Only had one incident where my fangs grew large enough for people to see and my eyes went glowing red . . . but the day is not yet over. Still have things to do tonight, which may make my head explode.

Went running in the rain. Still chanting "not my problem" in my head. And then alternating that with "patience" when I start thinking about phone calls . . . or the lack of them. What did I do when I didn't have a shiny metallic folding thing to stare at and will to ring? Oh, that's right . . . I would stare at the plastic thing on the wall, with the cord, and will it to ring. At least this one is portable, so I can practice bending will all the time, not just at home.

My shiny metallic folding purse demon will be turned to silent tonight. I will be so busy keeping my fangs at bay that I will not have to chant. As much as I'm put out, I'm enjoying the end of summer . . . diversion. Excellent.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to comment on the boundary issue in regards to an earlier statement. Thought it wasn't my place, so I didn't. If you need an anonymous place to vent my email address is still valid. I've been told I have a good ear. Once talked a kid out of going into the priesthood. Short story! Just an offer though.

Bye the way you never stated whether you went the way of CCS or OCC? Just Curious?

~sms~

Anonymous said...

I'm confused...you want to minimize external contact, yet you are willfully influencing the phone to ring. I must have missed something in an earlier post...

There's a good short story by Ray Bradbury in which the local phone exchange becomes sentient...perhaps that's the only logical solution to this situation...

iamthanu said...

As for the phone conflict . . . I never promised you that I would make any sense. And I don't most of the time.

For the record, my phone is currently on silent . . . but having messages is always a good thing.

iamthanu said...

I am negotiating with the state about OCC, to see if community college credit counts and which classes count. If OCC is a go . . . well, CCS is just too much money and OCC has the same profs anyhow, so I'm told.

So I'm being a cheap skate . . . and I'm missing the first class because I got busy at work and I was lazy last week.

The issue upon which I was asked to advise has evidently resolved itself for now. Which is very good news.