Monday, August 21, 2006

No More Thinking

In about six hours I will not have time to think . . . at least until next summer. There has been way too much thinking lately, so I'm kind of looking forward to the crap. Better than looking at the phone anyhow.

I just took something for the pain in my face, as I think I have a pretty good sinus infection going. Hopefully, I will get sleepy in about a half an hour. Been wanting to sleep all the time and have been letting myself, as I thought it would help with getting over this cold, but it's just getting worse. I'm going to have to suck it up and go to the doctor soon. Always fun, as I have nothing "green" coming out of my face as of yet . . . and that is what my doctor will want. Otherwise, I'll be told I'm fine and to take a motrin. Really does feel like someone stabbed me in the face with an icepick . . . repeatedly.

Tomorrow is the cleaning out of Princess' room and the begging for AP. Then Mr. Crabbypants has surgery. Then there is the working of new teacher orientation. Then there is regular orientation, with the signing up for classes mixed in. And then school starts and it's the slide until Xmas. Ahh, back to robot mode. Take off that hat and stop swearing and is that yearbook page done yet?

Be better if my face didn't hurt so much. And running is going to suck in the morning. Hmmm . . . should I take jewelry or painting? CCS or OCC?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose it depends what your looking for? My personal experience says that if your looking for something fun and upbeat take the jewelry class at OCC. If your looking for something challenging than go the route of the Center and take painting. A third suggestion is sculpting. OCC has a decent instructor by the name of Ray Katz. He’s a local artist and instructor (or at least he was). Just a thought.

sms

iamthanu said...

Thank you. I'll look into Ray Katz.

I like painting because I'm kind of good at it (at least better than some other things)and jewelry cause I like to set stuff aflame.

Sculpture just gets hard to store for me . . . though I would like to learn to weld.

Again, thanks for the tip. I'll look it up tomorrow.

iamthanu said...

And what are you doing up at 2am on a Sunday? If you don't mind me asking.

Anonymous said...

I suffer from insomnia!

What's your excuse?

Anonymous said...

Oh by the way if your into fire try glass. Frustrating at first but very addictive! Plus who can't use an extra slumped plate or two.

sms

iamthanu said...

Done glass . . . burnt myself up really well while I had no medical insurance. Something about the blow pipe being wet. All I know is that my hand stuck. Yuck.

I am also in the insomniac club . . . and have to get up at 6 am. Plus the pain meds are just kicking in. Weird metallic taste in my mouth.

Why did we not discuss our common artistic inclinations before? Is it just because I didn't ask?

iamthanu said...

Must learn to be more patient . . .evidently, the lesson of the week.