Sunday, August 27, 2006

Horrorscopes

I like to fix things. And solve problems. And I feel this is a positive aspect of my personality. It certainly comes in handy in my chosen profession.

But I'm becoming aware that I need more boundaries. Some things are just not my problem. There are some things I shouldn't be a part of . . . despite my knowledge base or expertise. Things that I certainly "fix" and offer advice on but probably shouldn't.

So my struggle is to resist the urge and stay out of it. Even though I could provide twenty resources and at least get someone to intervene. Offering advice sometimes just pisses people off . . . some people don't want to be fixed, either. So I will not provide the phone numbers. I will not look up the social service agencies. I don't need to . . . not my problem.

My horoscope said yesterday: You're attracted to complex problems and people. Don't get too close to those with mysterious motives. It's better to be kissed by a fool than fooled by a kiss!

Not that I believe in horoscopes . . . but they did called it yesterday.

1 comment:

iamthanu said...

I was just thinking about that as I finished my run . . . something along the lines of "hud . . . he would be even better at solving this (considering his former profession" and how I should ask you things . . . and then thought about how ridiculous that I was thinking of the situation again at all, let alone dragging anyone else into it.

And then went back to my current mantra . . . not my problem, not my problem . . .