Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Running Week Five

I am in the middle of week five in the couch to 5k program . . . and this is the first time my legs hurt afterward. My legs maybe hurt the day inbetween, but this time my knee tendons ache. I'm also having a problem with my left heel on inclines. It feels like electric shocks and I realize with my foot "difficulties" (flat feet, plantar fasciitis, and I'm pigeon toed) I should probably go to the doctor. But the doctor will just tell me to stop running, so instead I just avoid inclines.

In this training program, you can run by time or mileage. Not having a track in my backyard, I go by time . . . but I think my mileage is a little off. Supposed to do 3/4 of a mile at a time today and I don't think I made it in the time allowed. Are the mile roads actually a mile apart? I suppose I could look it up on the google pedometer thing. Oh, well . . . I am old, after all. (training program suggested that anyone starting the program at 35 or over should check with their doctor first . . . what? No, I'm 27 . . . really) My next run is 20 minutes straight through . . . I don't think I even did that when I was 12 and on cross country, so it should be interesting.

Hmm . . . what should I buy if I get through this week?

Oh, and I'm not any skinnier . . . website says that happens in week ten . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What website are you using for this running fun? Just curious.

Little Sis

iamthanu said...

www.coolrunning.com

Big sis