Saturday, August 12, 2006

Stately and Wayne

First off . . . for some reason, I really want to go to this concert tonight. And despite my attempts to flirt with disaster, I still have no one to go with. And it was bad enough going to shows alone with good hair. I may just stay in my house for three or four months 'til this crap grows out.

Or, screw it, I may just go.

So I'm out at Stately Wayne Manor waiting patiently for the sprinklers to be "done" so I can take a shower. Evidently, there is no consistent water until then . . . and I have to stay dirty. We've talked about my father and his morning issues in the past ("you're wasting the day . . .") so I generally don't sleep in when I'm here. Plus my dad, he makes a lot of noise. Somehow all of the noise is connected to coffee, but it basically sounds like he's cutting down coffee trees with all the grinding and buzzing.

My mother expected me to sleep until noon and was quite upset that I was up so early. She had plans to garden.

I think the next plan is to ambush my sister . . . she won't be thrilled . . . but it's complicated by the fact that my sister lives three hours away and I want to get home for a silly rock show that I'm not going to go to. So, yeah, I think the plan is . . . drive three hours, go through my sister's house making faces, look at the dryer vent (or lack of one), nag about some things, leave a bag of crap and some coupons, go out to dinner, drive three hours home. Or the new plan may be just to go to Briarwood . . . there's an H&M there.

I think the sprinklers are done. Off to get clean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that I cannot go. I know I am not the person you are referring to, but I do feel bad. I hope you have a great time. :)