Wednesday, August 16, 2006

It's Like Crack . . . with Peanuts!

I have long held that Starbucks puts something akin to crack in their coffee. And that a recreational drug habit is probably cheaper than my Starbucks habit (at $3.55 a day). But now, I have found something else.

My sister loves trail mix. Keeps it at her desk. She likes this kinds she gets at Wal-mart and she tried to convert me. And she almost did, as it looked yummy with all those chocolate chips and peanut butter chips and then I read the back of the bag and figured out that I could just pour sugar straight into my mouth . . . and consume less calories.

And let's face it. I'm not really a trail mix kind of girl. I don't like my food touching other food. I don't like raisins (so let me get this right . . . you left the grapes out in the sun and now you want me to eat them?) and I'm very persnickety about nuts. Don't like coconut . . . the list goes on.

But then there was this bag at Trader Joe's (I know I'm banned . . . I figured out his days off) and it said "Nuts about raspberries and chocolate" and it was like the skies parted and shined a beam in the trail mix aisle. (TJ has a trail mix aisle . . . I know, such a hippy store) (but what would a punk rock grocery store have in it? Two aisles . . . Jack Daniels and beer? But I digress.)

Because the problem with trail mix was that I always had to pick something out. I have this problem with other mixes too. Chex Mix . . . I only eat the pretzels. And this TJ trail mix, only has four ingredients . . . which is very un-trail mix like. And they're all ingredients that I like. Almonds, peanuts, dried raspberries and chocolate chips. I could do without the chocolate chips, but oh, so good. My new crack-like product.

Speaking of crack-like dog treats . . . turns out Chuck from Dooce.com likes organic chicken strips from Trader Joes too.

And I think I have mono I'm so tired. Sore throat, stuffy nose and just a difficulty staying awake.

No comments: