Monday, August 07, 2006

No Pants . . . Ever

I'm going to have to get some elves . . . or little sewing mice . . .

It seems I have what is called a "low rise" . . . and to complicate things, long legs. So in order for things to fit in the waist, and not have my waistband at my boobs, I have to shop in the petite section. Except then when I put the petite pants on (which by the way, I'm anything but petite . . . so petite section, a bit of misnomer . . . but short people section sounds so blunt) they are about 1/2 inch too short, so I look like I'm waiting for the flood.

So I have a choice of a waistband to my boobs and a tailor (to shorten the pants) or looking like Steve Urkel. Well, either way I would look like Steve Urkel, with boobs. I love the fashion industry. So I bought no pants. I have decided to wear only low rise jeans and skirts. It's my new look.

On to bras. Finally broke down and went to the expensive store . . . had the lady measure . . . I know, mortifying. Turns out I was right about the size, which means I get to add new underwear to the shopping list. Which would be great, except that it doesn't come in my size . . . anywhere. So I can chance it on the internet, or call Pam Anderson and see who makes her bras. She will be in town soon for her third wedding.

I know, I know, there are whole blocks of time on E! television with shows about women buying my size boobs. Maybe if I go to L.A. all the bras come in a size 36 DDD. Did manage to buy one at the expensive store.

So school shopping is not going well this year. My waist is too low, legs too long and my boobs are too big to fit into anything. Oh, and things keep popping up that I already have from the 80's and 90's. I saw bodysuits at American Apparel. I still have bodysuits from the last time they were in . . . and pinstriped jeans . . . and leggings. And I'm not going back to any of them.

So feel free to make fun of me in my black skirt and blue t-shirt. (and probably converse tennis shoes) (sorry, Princess)

If anyone knows where to buy some sewing mice, like in Cinderella, please comment and let me know. I'll treat them really well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, Disney. So glad you were watching!

Anonymous said...

Well, finally something for me to comment on:) You should buy the longer jeans and get them hemmed. Regarding the bras, there is a shop by the Shore's Inn that may help with your size issues.

- Princess (this seems to be my one strenght these days!)

Anonymous said...

yeeesh. Last year I donated some original clothing from the 80s that I now see in 'vintage' retail stores around heah.

No leg warmers though. ;-)

iamthanu said...

Yeah, it looks like I'm a new online shopper . . . and I hate online shopping. I like to touch things before I buy them.

As for the 80's stuff, if I wore it the first time around, I'm immune right?