Monday, August 21, 2006

Snot Explosion

First morning run this morning. Actually, all my runs are "morning" runs, in that I usually run right after I get up and thus don't have to shower twice. But this was the first run in the morning . . . or before 11 a.m..

Thought I would be cold, so wore a jacket. So didn't need the jacket. Did need Kleenex though. I've been blowing my nose all night, with little success. Little did I know that all I would have to do is run . . . and my nose would run too. So I was very attractive this morning, bleery eyed, sweaty, with a runny nose and my hair all sticking up. Oh, and occasionally wiping my nose on my shirt. Yeah, I was cool.

Now I am dressed, sort of like a teacher and I will go into work after the coffee I promised myself to get through that last half mile (better than looking at the eye candy I guess). I'm on three hours of sleep and I really need another pain pill but will hold off until this afternoon. Must mow the lawn this afternoon. Must.

Okay, off to the first day of work in ages. Think good thoughts. And let's hope I don't have another snot explosion until at least this afternoon.

1 comment:

iamthanu said...

Yeah, people keep trying to tell me this is allergies . . . and it's so not, I'm just sick (and have the allergies on top of it).

Luckily, the only other people to interact with at 6:30 a.m. in my neighborhood are other old ladies trying to run. And they were as interested in talking to me, as I was in talking to them. I did nod hello once.

Just reminded me when I was four and had a constant runny nose. And remember how kids don't do anything about it . . . because they're four? And you'll tell them to wipe or blow their nose and so they'll just do it on their sleeve? Yeah, I was back there this morning.