Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Craptastic!

Hmmm . . . I thought as I received an email on matchdotcom this evening. I wonder when they will turn this thing off? Maybe I should click this thing that says "subscription status".

I have been re-upped for another six months. Sh*t. Now I have to fight with the robots after I find my cancellation confirmation. Cancelled it again tonight. Now I have to decide if it's a sign from God or a joke from the fates or if I should just pull my profile. Damn. No one is ever successful in getting anything out of matchdotcom. I may just have to eat the $80. And I remember cancelling but only the first part of the process. Could it be that I didn't get to the last screen last time?

And after I toyed with all these boys and told them that I was going away. Making a liar out of me.

I still think that getting out in real time and meeting real people is the way to go. I will still get the museum memberships (I think I'm getting a raise, so I can afford it). I'm thinking Cranbrook Art Museum, the D.I.A. and the Daimler Chrysler museum. The D-C will be strictly to be invited to events . . . figured it was a good bet for men. My father belongs, so I can already go there for free. Because sometimes you just want to go to look at old Dodges (not really, but I do end up there two or three times a year). With those and the running actual races, maybe I could meet someone or something or several someones. Oh, and the college class I'm going to take (which I have to decide about tomorrow) . . . so lots of 23 year old somethings.

23 is the youngest I can go . . . and even that may be pushing it.

So all that whining about match and I'm not even gone yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, us men love the cars. 23? What would the evil empire think?

So was it the Center or OCC? Just curious.